General Statement of Duties
Responsible for managing design, permitting, budgeting and construction of assigned projects from feasibility through completion, including delivery to the customer and hand-off to Property Management. The Project Manager shall insure that these activities are executed in a professional, first-class manner, on time, and at a fair and reasonable cost. This position supervises and coordinates the activities of engineers, architects, contractors and other parties in support of the Property Management Team at one or more of our large government occupied campuses. He or she must identify and respond to customer needs and requirements to insure project success. This position will also assist the technical manager in providing operational support for major engineering maintenance activities. Must be willing to seek and obtain a top-secret security clearance.
- Oversee interior renovations requested by the tenant or the property management team.
- Oversee major equipment and system upgrades, repairs and replacements (electrical, controls, HVAC, fire alarm, elevator, etc.).
- Oversee major project work such as roof replacement, concrete/asphalt replacement
- Prepare detailed scopes of work, prepare budgets and obtain competitive proposals and bids for design and construction services.
- Manage the services of architects, engineers, and consultants to prepare detailed and accurate construction documents.
- Coordinate the permitting process, working closely with governmental agencies, permit consultants and utility companies for the timely approval of permits.
- Coordinate and meet with vendors, contractors and professionals to identify repairs, upgrades, or replacements and obtain budget/bid estimates.
- Work with the property management team to create and maintain a physical plant and facility capital schedule to project the life expectancy of all related capital items with projected costs necessary to repair, upgrade, or replace.
- Inspect and sign off on the proper completion of all work including punch lists.
- Implement project close-out procedures to insure all warranties, as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals and other close-out documents are received, distributed and properly filed. Review and approve payments to vendors and billings to tenants
- Provide operational support to property management teams. Meet regularly with the team to go over job status, questions, invoices, new expenditures, etc.
- Enforce property rules and regulations for all contractors, tenants and consultants.
- Insures that all work performed on property is done safely and with minimal disruption to the operations, specifically the Tenant.
- Compile and maintain all relevant documents and drawings to be filed and stored as appropriate.
- Prepare and update project schedules and keep the team and the tenant informed of changes.
- For new construction on campus, assist with reviewing prints and specifications, suggest improvements, participate in commissioning, and coordinate document turn over and preventive maintenance setup for new equipment.
- Act as the owners representative, coordinating between the engineering team, tenant representatives, and consultants, especially during critical maintenance activities, unplanned events, outages, or repairs.
- Assist with reviewing and updating LOPs and MOPs for planned maintenance, system testing, and special projects.
- Carry a cell phone after business hours in case of emergency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience in operations, construction or facilities management.
- Working knowledge of maintenance and operational systems relating to commercial real estate sector.
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, CAD drawings and other schematics.
- Good communication skills written and verbal.
- Solid leadership skills able to build consensus and ownership.
- Meets commitments - produces accurate work.
- Self-starter requiring little to no supervision maintaining high professional standards always.
- Solution oriented and results driven. Problem solver.
- Strong values, unquestioned integrity and good listening skills.
- Exercises good judgment.
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Procore) and financial acumen.
- Track-record of working with contractors, sub-contractors and other service vendors to complete projects including experience with RFP/Bid/Award process.
- Must possess or obtain a top-secret security clearance.