Who We Are
Elevate Outdoor Collective is an alliance of iconic outdoor and winter sports brands with a specialized focus on skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing. With each unique brand maintaining its own individual points of view and driving independent innovation, the Collective is fueled with the strength of world-class development facilities and engineers, global distribution channels and committed outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts and experts. Our brands include K2 Skis, K2 Snowboards, Marker, Dalbello, Volkl, RIDE Snowboards, LINE Skis, Backcountry Access, Atlas Snowshoe Co., Tubbs Snowshoes, Madshus and K2 Skates.
With an international portfolio of world-renowned brands recognized as trailblazers in innovation, performance and, most importantly, fun times by active lifestyle enthusiasts across the globe, Elevate Outdoor Collective will continue its mission to progress the culture of each and every outdoor endeavor it represents. As “One Team” backed by world-class development facilities and product engineers, incredibly talented athletes and ambassadors and a top-notch crew of employees who live and breathe the outdoor active lifestyle, Elevate Outdoor Collective is eager to take things to the next level.
As the Global Sustainability Director, you will serve as the principal leader and strategist for all sustainability initiatives within Elevate Outdoor Collective. Your role is not just overseeing sustainability programs but fundamentally integrating sustainable practices into every facet of our business model. This involves collaboration with multiple departments, from manufacturing to marketing, to ensure that sustainability is a cornerstone in our organizational operations. In aligning these practices with the company’s broader goals and stakeholder expectations, you'll be instrumental in enhancing Elevate Outdoor Collective’s reputation as an industry leader in sustainability. Your efforts will be crucial in mitigating environmental impacts, optimizing resource use, and creating a sustainable value chain that benefits not only the company but also our consumers, communities, and the planet.
Essential Job Duties
- Sustainability Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive global sustainability strategy that aligns with company values and business objectives. Lead cross-functional teams to integrate sustainability across the organization's operations.
- Performance Metrics: Implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the impact of sustainability initiatives. Publish annual sustainability reports and communicate achievements to stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with internal and external stakeholders to promote sustainability initiatives. Develop partnerships with NGOs, suppliers, and other organizations to advance collective sustainability goals.
- Sustainable Sourcing: Work closely with procurement and supply chain departments to integrate sustainable sourcing policies. Evaluate and monitor supplier sustainability credentials and performance.
- Carbon Offsetting: Measure and reduce the organization's carbon footprint through various initiatives.
- Employee Education: Create and implement employee education and awareness programs around sustainability. Promote a culture of sustainability within the organization.
- Risk Assessment: Identify environmental and sustainability risks and develop mitigation strategies. Perform lifecycle assessments of products to improve their sustainability profiles.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- A minimum of 10-15 years of progressive experience in sustainability or related field.
- Strong understanding of sustainability best practices, regulations, and industry standards.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- Analytical mindset with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Experience working in a similar industry is a plus.
- Sustainability-related certifications (e.g., ISSP, LEED, etc.) are desirable.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time; Ability to sit in front of a computer and/or enter data for long periods of time.
This is a salary position. The pay range for this role is $135,000 - $165,000 annually
Full-Time employees at Elevate Outdoor Collective are also eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance first of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401k Employer % Match
- 10 paid Holidays
- Accrued sick and paid time off
- Access to our EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Elevate Outdoor Collective and its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View the EEO is the Law poster here http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.