Innovo Research is a provider-sponsored, provider-led network of high-performing Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) that utilize clinical research as part of their population health strategy. Our integrated approach supports both the triple aim aspirations of our partner ACOs as well as their research interests. We also add value to the pharma industry by assisting with the pragmatic design of future trials and observational study capabilities once their therapeutic is in the market. In addition, we can follow cohorts of patients throughout the various stages of development and deployment of the therapeutic. The results are better outcomes for patients, lower cost for the healthcare industry, higher patient engagement, and a diversified revenue source for our partner ACOs.
At Innovo Research, our mission is to promote clinical research as a patient care option by demonstrating its value to all stakeholders, while dramatically reducing the time it takes to develop new therapeutics. Please visit our website at www.innovoresearch.com.
A Research Coordinator is responsible for reviewing, processing, and managing clinical research data and documents, both regulatory and patient records. The CRC performs a variety of clinical procedures, and assists with daily workload planning; ie; collect, record, report, and interpret data on patients enrolled in and/or seeking enrollment in clinical studies according to the protocol, SOPs and GCPs.
- Provide clinical research support to investigators to prepare for and execute assigned research studies, including:
- Collect, record, and maintain research subject study data according to study protocols and SOPs, preserving quality control for content, accuracy, and completeness
- Collect and submit regulatory/ethics documentation as required by the FDA and other regulatory bodies governing the conduct of clinical research
- Recruit and screen participants for clinical trials and maintain subject screening logs
- Assist in the initial and ongoing consent process; orient research subjects to the study, including the purpose of the study, procedures, and research process
- Maintain source documentation based on protocol requirements
- Schedule and execute study visits and perform study procedures
- Handle lab testing and analysis, including preparation of specimen collection tubes, shipment, and lab logistics
- Monitor subject safety and report adverse events/reactions to the Principal Investigator and/or appropriate medical personnel
- Correspond with research subjects and troubleshoot study-related questions or issues
- Participate in “huddles” to confirm daily study tasks are assigned to team members and are executed to the expected standards
- Assist with study data quality checking and query resolution
- Perform a variety of complex clinical research procedures including but not limited to ECG, sample collection, spirometry, vital signs, dose verification, cannulation, and cardiac telemetry monitoring, if needed.
- Assist investigator in verifying that research study objectives are met on time, within budget and according to applicable protocol requirements, clinical research regulations and quality standards.
- Provide training to new investigator site staff members on study-specific topics and requirements. Assist in maintaining adherence to investigator site staff training requirements by auditing and maintaining training records.
- Prepare for and attend study monitoring visits, study audits, and regulatory inspections with clinical research regulatory agencies.
- Assist research site with coverage planning related to staffing and scheduling for research studies.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 1-2 years’ Clinical research experience
- Relevant work experience in a clinical environment or medical setting, e.g., medical assistant, assistant nurse, laboratory technician; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Strong organizational skills
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of clinical trials
- Knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH and all applicable FDA regulations and guidelines for human subject protection, drug, and device
- In-depth knowledge of departmental, protocol and study-specific operating procedures, consent forms, and study schedules
- Skilled in carrying out required clinical procedures such as phlebotomy and vital signs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of the English language
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities with exceptional attention to details
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, coworkers, managers, and clients
- Practice a high level of integrity, honesty, and in maintaining confidentiality