By joining Exosome Diagnostics, a Bio-Techne brand (NASDAQ: TECH), you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Exosome Diagnostics is a liquid biopsy company that harness the power of Exosomes as a multi-analyte component of Liquid Biopsies. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Responsible for performing high complexity testing in the Clinical laboratory under the direction of the Clinical Operations Manager. May also function as General Supervisor (CLIA), and Supervisor (NYS) overseeing Testing Personnel in the laboratory. Individuals must therefore meet all the educational & experiential thresholds for Testing Personnel (CLIA), General Supervisor (CLIA), and Supervisor (NYS) in a high complexity laboratory.
1. Perform high complexity molecular biology procedures under the supervision of the CLIA Technical Supervisor (TS), titled General Supervisor (GS) & Laboratory Director (LD).
2. Provide a lead role in facilitating test performance by training and advising other technologists, as directed by the CLIA Technical Supervisor (TS), titled General Supervisor (GS) or Laboratory Director.
3. Contribute to the laboratory test development optimization, validation, and verification, using cell and molecular biology techniques such as: RNA and DNA Extraction, PCR and RT-PCR, Nucleic Acid Sequencing or Array Analysis
4. Follow the laboratory’s procedure for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintain records of patient test results.
5. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
6. Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
7. Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the titled General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, or Laboratory Director.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
10. Operate in accordance and compliance with all internal and external regulatory procedures.
11. Maintain detailed, accurate and up-to-date lab records.
12. Use appropriate laboratory safety procedures in performance of duties, including the use of personal protective equipment.
13. Maintain laboratory equipment per standard operating procedures.
14. Provide training, as directed, in the use of facility and equipment with relevant education, protocol development and proper use and maintenance of the laboratory space and equipment.
15. Maintain supplies and reagents to support an efficient and productive work environment and other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to train and lead other technologists.
2. Good laboratory skills
3. Attention to detail
4. Able to implement policies, and execute detailed procedures as directed.
5. Work productively in a team environment.
6. Basic computer skills are required, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.