The Embark Internship Program contributes to the spiritual, personal and professional development of the student. As a Culinary Services Embark Intern the student will work with the Culinary Services team to learn the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and other venues, to help deliver quality food to Ark Encounter guests. The Intern will have hands-on training to ensure that the preparation and presentation of food complies with the required standard recipes. The intern will also work with the team in the areas of maintenance, documentation, and temperature control. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Participate in life skills development courses provided for Embark Interns
- Learn how all food is cooked and presented at safe and appropriate temperatures and trained how to maintain daily logs for all temperature recording
- Trained in safety and hygienic operations of the kitchen
- Learn how kitchen equipment is used correctly to ensure the safety of our employees
- Work with the Culinary Services team to ensure that the kitchen is operating efficiently and effectively
- Trained in personal and food hygiene within the kitchen to ensure all areas are always kept clean and orderly
- Work alongside Culinary Services team in regard to inventory to ensure correct stock is on hand and maintained through F.I.F.O. standard
- Opportunities to learn scheduling, training, and inventory control
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.