The Atlantic Council’s Eurasia Center is seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial, and innovative manager to serve as the Center’s Deputy Director responsible for managing the Center’s programming including the conceptualization and execution of events; managing the research and publications process; managing the Senior Fellows and recruitment process; and fundraising, relationship cultivation, stakeholder management, strategic planning, budget oversight, and Center and personnel management.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have impeccable interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record in stakeholder management and fundraising. The ideal candidate will also have experience in project management, particularly in conceptualizing, building, and implementing programming, as well as leading a young team. They must forward-thinking, nimble, and effective in developing partnerships with businesses, policymakers, funders, media, and nonprofit organizations. Finally, the ideal candidate will have a sense of humor, and demonstrate persistence and self-motivation in exploring new ideas and setting and meeting goals.
- Work with the Director on Center strategic planning and budgeting and with fundraising and grant writing;
- Support the Director in the day-to-day management of the Center, including managing and developing Center staff, interns, consultants, and senior fellows;
- Oversee implementation of multiple projects simultaneously, including managing budgets and donor reporting;
- Support the Director in cultivating and managing the Eurasia Center’s stakeholder community;
- Lead the Center’s Congressional engagement and the Eurasia Center’s Congressional Fellowship program;
- Oversee the planning and execution of 100+ events annually including designing agendas, workplans, and communications strategy;