American Sign Language Proficient Candidates Wanted & Highly Desirable
Since 1971, Community Interactions, Inc., has been making a difference in lives of others. We invite you to join our Team of Direct Support Professionals who support our Individuals with compassion, are genuinely caring people who want to make a difference. We offer flexible work schedules and offer a work environment that values our employees and their needs.
If you are looking to return to the workforce, are proficient in American Sign Language, want to increase your wages or just looking for a change, CI offers the flexibility for you to do so. We invite you to join our team of ASL Therapeutic and ASL Direct Support Professionals who support and mentor Adults who use American Sign Language are their primary method of communication. Candidates for these positions must possess the ability to support ASL Clients in a safe and supported manner according to clinical recommendations and the Essential Lifestyle Plans.
Successful candidates will work in a supported and relaxed work environment that provides work life balance, flexible schedules and the ability to make a difference in the lives of others. Staff hired into our ASL positions will be a part of our start up program and enjoy the opportunity to join us as we grow our services in the ASL Community.
Community Interactions, Inc. offers:
- Excellent Health, Dental and Supplemental Benefits Package for eligible employees
- Competitive starting rates for full and part time positions
- Part Time Flexible and Weekend Only Shifts available at attractive hourly rates
- 401K Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- A variety of work schedules (standard, alternate and flexible) at convenient locations to fit your needs
- Paid Training Program
- Annual American Sign Language Refresher Classes for all staff who support our ASL Program(s)
- Quarterly and Annual Employee Recognition Programs
Our minimum requirements include proficiency in American Sign Language, a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Excellent communication skills, high school diploma or its equivalent. Candidates must be able to physically assist individuals, have a high energy level to support our clients’ activities, be able to persuade and redirect behavior if required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and comply with the Drug Free Workplace Act