QUALIFICATIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Undergraduate degree in biological or social sciences required; RN or other allied health certification desired, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years experience as an FSC or a combination of experience and education providing equivalent knowledge required.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and participate in 24-hour call. Required to work for extended periods of time with few breaks. Able to work varied hours/shifts to accommodate trainees.
- Detail oriented, organized, excellent tracking/reporting skills, effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational, problem analysis and decision-making skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate peers and achieve cooperation.
- Expert knowledge of the authorization process and procedural requirements.
- Continuous learning mindset and commitment to professional growth and development.
- Proficiency in evaluating learning requirements and designing educational programs and corresponding support.
- Demonstrated ability in creating training materials, including defining goals and objectives, developing PowerPoint presentations, and preparing supporting materials.
- Possesses patience and strength as a coach, demonstrating skill in providing constructive feedback with genuine passion for the development of others.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in accordance with MTN motor vehicle policy. Must have reliable personal automobile transportation to be used with company reimbursement using IRS guidelines. Must be able to travel within the service area by ground or air.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and transfer short distances.
- Possess the ability to operate telephones, computers and office equipment.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly in order to accurately convey information in person or by phone.
- OSHA Category II Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens while performing assigned job duties. Bloodborne pathogens protection is required.
- Home internet and wireless phone access may be required.
MTN BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
Respect: Builds a positive and supportive foundation inviting open, honest, and clear communication. Fosters a sensitive, supportive, and trustworthy environment, which promotes active listening and strengthens rapport throughout all interactions. Cultivates teamwork through acceptance and inclusion by valuing differences and empowering strengths
Excellence: Demonstrates excellence by going above and beyond, while maintaining compassion and humility in all interactions. Demonstrates a high rate of achievement and success for the organization through proactive objectives centered on the overall mission and vision. Consistently models a positive attitude, a willingness to help others, and a dedication to improvement. Takes full responsibility for their role and challenges themselves to find workable solutions
Accountability: Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, by honoring commitments to each other and professional partners. Executes all interactions through honesty and transparency. Demonstrates responsibility and integrity through ownership of the mission. Utilizes resources appropriately
Leadership: Empowers, mentors and encourages all staff, while displaying a high-level of professionalism. Demonstrates ability to cultivate teams and relationships through open lines of communication, honesty and respect. Handles challenges with compassion by developing trust through respectful feedback and support. Acts as a resource by providing the tools, which enable others to reach their highest potential
It is the policy of Midwest Transplant Network (MTN) to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, arrest record, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. In addition, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, employee activities and general treatment during employment
MTN is committed tocomplying with state and federal disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of MTN’s mission