The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to support our executive team. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Executive Operations and will provide support to various directors and members of the Executive Committee.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing multiple calendars
- Compiling documents and creating agendas for meetings (both in person and virtual). Recording meeting minutes/notes as needed.
- Coordinates detailed travel arrangements, events, and itineraries.
- Works closely and effectively with multiple VPs, as well as other executive and director-level leaders to keep well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the VPs, internal team/departments, and external stakeholders.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters proactively and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Demonstrates leadership required to build relationships across departments crucial to the success of the team.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and other documents, assuring they are error-free, visually clear, accessible, and brand compliant; assure the highest accessibility standards in all communication from APH. Must have the ability to create or modify accessible documents for blind users (training will be provided).
- Utilizes solid financial acumen to prepare and review budgets, expenditures, time sheets, sales forecasts, purchase orders, etc.
- Processes and tracks invoices, credit card charges and reimbursements.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and responds to phone calls and emails expeditiously; handles urgent matters as appropriate and in a timely and professional manner.
- Possesses the willingness and flexibility to adapt to new responsibilities and work across all levels of the organization.
- Understands various ad hoc duties may arise from time-to-time that may not be clearly detailed in the roles and responsibilities specified and takes them on without hesitation.
- Assists with conference and event planning along with other projects as needed.
- Must exercise discretion and confidentiality.