Work on a team to equip, coach and support volunteers to lead fun and loving weekly experiences where elementary age children are encouraged to develop a relationship with Christ and with their church family.
- Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Operations – Carry out the ministry vision and strategy by assisting, supporting and empowering volunteers.
- Volunteers – Assist in recruiting, training and equipping volunteers to lead children with confidence and effectiveness.
- Environment – Work collaboratively to maintain an environment that is kid friendly, safe, clean, and wins the trust of parents.
- Be present in Elementary hallway during specific services on scheduled weekends.
- Ensure that ministry area is prepared to receive children and their families with proper staffing, equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that ministry areas/supplies are cleaned properly following weekend services and prepared for weekday scheduling on Monday.
- Knowledge of curriculum and ability to give guidance and direction to volunteers as needed in order to carry out the curriculum strategy on a weekly basis.
- Assist in developing volunteers.
- Ensure that proper security and risk management procedures are observed.
- Foster relationships with children and their parents, as well as volunteers, in a manner which preserves and furthers the integrity of the ministry.
- Report weekend ministry statistics to the Elementary Director.
- Participate in recruitment events, special ministry events, trainings and community building events.
- Participate in planning meetings with the Children’s team as requested.
Some Sundays, as needed, including occasional evenings, Christmas and Easter services.
This job operates in a church/classroom facility and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time; walk and reach with hands and arms.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.