- Accounting degree from a four-year college or university. Equivalent experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Prior Accounting experience (internship/seasonal work) preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including intermediate/advanced Excel skills. Must be proficient in determining the excel formulas to be used to obtain specific results from large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL ERP system is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, and coordinate efforts across functions.
- Demonstrated accuracy, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency across various modes of communication.
- Capability to interact appropriately and respectfully with others.
- Ability to adapt to changes in workload and to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of colleagues.
- Capacity to work independently for long periods of time.
- A positive outlook, and proactive and efficient approach to handling tasks in a busy department.
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and commitment to professional codes of conduct; the Press’s may be accessed at https://press.princeton.edu/about/mission-values.
PUP is a strong advocate for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the university press community. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in academic publishing (which is, according to research by Lee & Low, historically a majority white, straight, cisgender, and nondisabled, neurotypical industry) are encouraged to apply. The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package.
Base Salary: $45,000/year plus a comprehensive benefits package. Starting salary may be negotiable based on relevant skills and prior experience.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should send a cover letter* with salary requirements, and a résumé to PUP’s application website.
*Please include in your cover letter a description of what you are currently reading and what is on your “to read” list. Note that the cover letter is valued and reviewed closely as a writing sample and an assessment for communication skills.
Due to application volume, only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.