Individual Contributor – this role does not have any management or lead responsibilities.
In addition to hourly rate, room and board will be provided.
The Matthew 25 Intern participates in multiple aspects of the ministry to help create an environment and life development opportunities that promote redemption in a person’s life. Interns will be responsible to participate in the Ready for Life Program; which include assessments, guidance in Guest’s self-directed plan, internal and external referrals for care and services, support groups, and support team, and maintaining an atmosphere that supports life transformation while providing excellent customer service to our guests,
Mathew 25 Interns will work in the workforce development program which will include planning and participating in support groups. Interns will serve as a stabilization advocate in residential housing, duties would include the daily operational needs of the facility while monitoring, assisting, and managing guests serving in building services, securing the premises, and maintaining an atmosphere that supports life transformation while providing excellent customer service and hospitality to our guests.
Matthew 25 Interns will serve in the administrative side of the ministries, which will include development and funding, strategic planning, project management, meal preparation donations, warehouse, and financial management.
- Responsible for engaging with Guests and intake to Ready for Life Program; assessments, self-directed plans, and referral to internal and external care and services, and serving on the multi-support team
- Lead daily support groups
- Coordinate and oversee volunteer opportunities with the Volunteer department
- Assist in POS during meal times
- Report emergencies and incident reporting
- Oversee guest and volunteer check-in and attendance
- Identify facility problems and place work orders as necessary
- Daily fulfillment of operational functions
- Upholding organizational policies and procedures
- Oversee the cleanliness of the facility by managing and assisting guests in building services
- Oversee safety and security of the building by monitoring the flow of individuals in/out of the facility
- Assist in weekly inventory process for re-ordering supplies
- Model life transformation for guests by attending church regularly, maintaining an active worship and prayer life, studying God’s word, and leading with Christ-like behavior at all times. Provides spiritual guidance to guests as needed.
- Support organization by relentlessly upholding the mission, vision, core values, and reputation of Cherry Street Mission Ministries in both behavior and speech
- Attend and complete all Cherry Street Mission Ministries training and mandatory staff meetings when offered
- Work routinely requiring teamwork and cooperation with individuals and groups