The Father Support Specialist builds partnerships with fathers and professionals. The Father Support Specialist is committed to promoting a non-judgmental and respectful attitude when working with fathers and families, assisting them with their plan goals through empowerment, education and skill-building activities that increase confidence in parenting their children.
- Provide peer support to fathers and families.
- Assist fathers in achieving their stated goals.
- Deliver education and activities that meet needs, build on strengths and achieve outcomes.
Collaborate with other individuals involved in providing support and care to fathers and families receiving services.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Support fathers as a peer parent, someone with common experiences and to assist with partnering with other child-serving agencies in the community.
- Participate with fathers and the family in forming and maintaining effective individualized service plans.
- Offer support and encouragement to fathers and families in their homes, the community and/or trainings at the Family Involvement Center.
- Serve as a mentor and advocate, supporting fathers in communicating their needs and accomplishments.
- Promote the individual family culture through individual strength-based support services.
- Build partnerships with professionals through non-adversarial advocacy.
- Responsible for meeting productivity, quality and supervision standards as determined by Program Manager.
- Assist in the ongoing development and evaluation of the service plan.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal staff, community resources and stakeholders.
- Responsible for understanding; adhering to all internal policies & procedures and training expectations.
Other duties as assigned.