Byrna Technologies specializes in the development and manufacture of the most advanced and effective non-lethal personal security devices on the market. The company has grown from a startup to explosive and sustained sales growth
Byrnas corporate mantra is Live Safe, and its corporate mission is to provide consumers, law enforcement and security professionals with safe and effective, non-lethal alternatives to firearms to protect themselves, their families, and their communities.
This new role is a mixture of manufacturing engineering, quality management and configuration control. You will sustain and implement products in our Fort Wayne production facility, design fixtures/jigs as necessary, and work with our QC personnel to assist analyzing problems and functionality of products and help set quality expectations. Additionally, if you are a designer and have the aptitude, you will help with our product development and project management.
Byrna Technologies Inc. is the leading company in our industry. We currently have a relatively small but fast paced Engineering team that we need to expand. If you're dedicated, ambitious, have a lot of energy and youre a top performer, Byrna Technologies Inc. is an excellent place to grow your career.
- Design and implement fixtures to maximize efficiency and minimize non-conformance
- Work with production staff to develop fixtures, tools, and methods to improve ergonomics and minimize fatigue
- Collaborate with production staff to define and optimize layout and material flow for new production items.
- Define and implement in-line and end-of-line quality inspections
- Generate drawings and bills of materials for production
- Generate red lines to address interim changes.
- Generate ECPs (engineering change proposal) for production change requirements.
- Keep up to date on all modern advancement in material and software technologies
- Pursue ongoing education in the field
- Create manufacture ready data pack
- Liaise with our factories
- Test prototypes