Employment Status: Part Time
Department: Northborough Branch
Reports To: Teller Supervisor/ Assistant Branch Manager
Hours: Monday – off, Tuesday 9:00am – 4:15pm; Wednesday 11:00am – 2:00pm; Thursday – off; Friday 1:00pm – 6:15pm; Saturday 7:45am – 12:30pm
Main Street Bank: This local community bank seeks to redefine banking by focusing on building relationships and delivering the products and services that best fit our customers’ needs. Our employees are empowered to carry on the Bank’s mission by reaching out to clients, responding to their needs with appropriate financial solutions, thereby producing relationships that epitomize the circle of trust represented by the Main Street Bank Brand.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Manager the Teller is responsible for a wide variety of customer service. This Teller’s positions talent and experience must blend with the MSB values to effectively provide superior customer service to the Bank’s customers and fellow employees. Duties include but not limited to: Providing a variety of customer savings, checking and loan payment transactions, as well as customer service such as the sale of Money Orders and Gift Cards in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures. Additionally, this position embraces the established sales and service culture while maximizing their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Process wide variety of customer transactions. Deposits, withdrawals, dispersing cash, loan and mortgage payments. Processing and disbursing checks and account transfers.
- Open and organize teller work station maintaining adequate cash, forms, and supply inventories for the day’s activities.
- Promotes and explains banks services such as, Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Cashing customers checks within the limits of the Bank’s policies placing hold as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of daily activities and initiate proper balancing procedures at the end of each work shift, reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Bank policies, products, and services.
- Participates in selling products, supporting contests and providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintain an active role as a “team member” in department/branch, assisting with the Bank’s overall growth goals by successfully promoting new business.
- Employee will periodically throughout the year perform volunteer duties which will favorably represent Main Street Bank in the community that we serve.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Security Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of in-house training program
Certifications, Licenses or Registrations: None
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and photo copiers
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational and phone skills
- Requires good math skills
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Demonstrated flexibility with the ability to work in a team environment
The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, about banking products, their bank accounts & transactions and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety documents such as checks, bank statements and loan documents.
PHYSICAL and WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. cash drawer, money/coins)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasionally access the outside of the Bank building to service the ATM and Drive-up area.
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. business calls, networking, community/marketing events).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate