- Work in an Agile environment with the product owners, software engineers, and other test engineers to define, design, develop and execute manual and automated test suites for features of the Altia Design and Altia DeepScreen products.
- Develop test plans, test design specifications, test procedure specifications, and test case specifications.
- Utilize test automation frameworks and test scripts using scripting tools.
- Test new code generation products on existing micros as well as the latest advanced system-on-a-chip graphics controllers.
- Produce professionally written and complete test reports (logs, incident reports, and test summary reports).
- Work with developers to isolate, identify and document defects.
- Deliver a thoroughly tested product to the Altia customer.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- Minimum of six years of experience as a Test or Quality Engineer.
- Experience in setup, problem resolution, testing and debugging of embedded microprocessor systems.
- Experience with C programming language.
- Working knowledge of automated software test systems.
- Adept at planning projects and working independently.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Initiative-taker with a strong personal work ethic and a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Two years in a Test or Quality Engineer team lead role
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with ASPICE, ISO 15504, or other Process Improvement methodologies (e.g. CMMI).
- Experience using GitHub, Confluence, JIRA, and Jama or similar SDLC tools.
- Experience with graphic design tools.
Company Global Headquarters: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Location: HQ
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Product Delivery
Budgeted Base Salary Range:
- Senior Test Engineer: $118,000 – $145,000
Altia is currently in a period of strong, consistent growth, and we expect to aggressively accelerate that growth for the next 5 years and beyond. We have an exceptionally talented and highly invested team who is focused on our continued success and maintenance of our noteworthy company culture.
We pride ourselves in our high ethical standards and employee morale. We build based on a foundation of respect. We generously partner within our communities to support economic growth and accessible education for all, knowing that providing avenues toward careers in technology can end the cycle of poverty.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, free of discrimination and harassment, where equal employment opportunity is available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.