Coordination of services, including engagement in behavioral health and medical care, assessments & service plans, entitlements, linkages to other community services. Implement the Clubhouse Model by the standards set forth by Clubhouse International and NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
1) Work with adult individuals with serious mental illness, where members and staff jointly plan vocational, educational, and social activities that develop skills and promote rehabilitation.
• Foster recovery, community integration, and mental wellness.
• Collaborate with staff in other Goddard Riverside programs to coordinate member services.
• Maintain an active caseload and provide extensive case management to members and document all case management related activities in progress notes.
• Take leadership role in ensuring positive outcomes in members’ lives.
2) Participate as a TOP Clubhouse team member
• Attend and facilitate regular meetings, encouraging input for shared decision making and program improvements.
• Monitor work ordered day activities including unit management, case management and placement management as needed.
• Generate member interest in participation in the work ordered day.
• Attend training programs and supervision meetings.
• Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of the clubhouse environment, along with other staff and members.
• Liaise with each unit to ensure all needs of members and the clubhouse are addressed.
• Prepare timely internal and external reports.
• Work with team to ensure and maintain Clubhouse International Accreditation: work with other NYC Clubhouse Coalition members on initiatives and advocacy efforts.
• Conduct outreach activities to referral sources to grow the membership to meet contractual obligations
• Represent the clubhouse and Goddard Riverside to other organizations.
3) Computer Functions
- Utilize AWARDS EHR system to document member progress through service plan development and individual and group progress notes.
4) Other duties as required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent with 5 years of mental health experience required
• Experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness, substance abuse, and/or co-occurring disorders required
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team oriented
• Good judgment and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of cooking and nutrition is a plus
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be:
• Able to work in the Microsoft Office Suite, should be especially proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Able to use or learn to use AWARDS database
• Able to use or learn other electronic databases, programs, and funder-related software as needed
• Able to facilitate virtual meetings and events on Zoom and TEAMS
• Considerable physical activity on a regular basis such as walking stairs, setting up and breaking down space daily
• Clubhouse is located inside a church, that rents space to various programs. The Clubhouse is not a religious organization
• Members and staff share an office, which is in the basement of the church
• Members and staff utilize other large rooms on the first floor of the church. All church spaces are wheelchair accessible.
• Significant outreach in the community such as employment development with businesses, member trips, and on occasion, escorting members to a doctor’s visit, hospital, or home