The Community Initiatives Coordinator supports the Fleet Mission Statement and Visitor Experience Philosophy by providing customer service and support for SD STEM Ecosystem and other community engagement efforts. Performs administrative duties related to Ecosystem and community engagement as well as helping to maintain communications and relationships among the regions diverse business, education, scientific, and community-based organizations.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Education
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental and physical requirements of position:
- Group Meetings: Support working group and neighborhood network chairs, including agenda setting, goal alignment, meeting facilitation, action item follow-up, and ensuring the capture and communication of meeting notes.
- Communications: maintain and update Ecosystem communication tools, including website, social media, email systems, and newsletter through assisting and encouraging partners in their use and making content contributions, co-creating promotional content, and tracking use.
- Assist Ecosystem Lead with setting the vision and priorities for the Ecosystem including but not limited to supporting agenda setting for ELT meetings, decisions on new partnerships and initiatives, and seeking new leadership.
- Represent the Fleet and Ecosystem at meetings, conferences, and community events, which includes maintaining a good knowledge of the Education Department programs and goals, and assisting with Fleet programs as needed.
- Work with Assistant Dir. of Education, as well as Development on fundraising and grant writing, and with Finance on budget and grant tracking and reporting
- Assist with data collection, evaluation, process tracking and reporting
- Contribute to the planning, logistics and support of Ecosystem events and initiatives.
- Complete other duties as assigned
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
This is a full time position, eligible for the Fleet's employee benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k, in addition to paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
Working for the Fleet comes with some great perks including free access to other Balboa Park museums and the San Diego Zoo, free Fleet Science Center passes to share with friends and family, discounts at the Fleet's Science Store and Craveology Cafe and other discounts at vendors around Balboa Park! Come join our team!