Founded in 2005, Guardian Operations (“Guardian”) provides repair/replacement roofing and gutter services and newly added insulation services to residential and light commercial customers throughout Puget Sound. Guardian is one of the best small businesses on the West Coast and the Guardian brand is synonymous with exceptional service and integrity in all areas. Guardian Roofing is consistently recognized in the top 1% of roofing contractors in the nation, based on quality. We are a Platinum Preferred Owen’s Corning partner. Our reputation for exceptional customer care, quality and living our values of Victory, Inspiration, Integrity and Family, make Guardian a fantastic place to work.
Guardian employs over 100 people and 100% of Guardian’s work is focused on repair and replacement (i.e. no new construction). The company has increased gross revenue by roughly 60% over the past five (5) years to $25M as a direct result of (a) an outstanding local reputation and (b) fielding an exceptionally strong, long-tenured team. With the support of Skylight, management intends to double the company’s size over the next five (5) years.
Guardian is rapidly expanding and needs a highly motivated self-starter to join our new Insulation department. The Insulation Technician will work directly with Insulation team members, the Repair and Maintenance Production Manager, and homeowners. The technician will be responsible for laying or replacing insulation materials in homes to control or maintain structural temperature. The ideal candidate will be goal oriented, have excellent verbal and communication skills, exercise good decision making and will make safety a priority at all times.
- Work independently or in a 2-member crew to install insulation in accordance with Guardian’s high standards.
- Install and replace insulation in homes and mechanical systems.
- Read and fully understand production plans and timelines.
- Clears and disposes of old insulation according to established safety guidelines.
- Loads and unloads insulation materials.
- Install or spray insulation in attics by Operate a loose fill machine
- Measures and cut insulation to fit into walls, ceilings, and around pipes.
- Fastens insulation in place with tape, screws, staples, or fasteners as needed.
- Follows company and industry safety guidelines and regulations.
- Participate and contribute in team building meetings as well as safety meetings
- Provide recommendations and upsell while you are performing work at a customer’s home (Lead only)
*This description of responsibilities is non-binding and may change according to business needs.