Title: Consumer Lending Coordinator
Department: Retail Lending
Employment Status: Full Time
Reports To: Consumer Lending Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Consumer Lending Operations Manager, the Consumer Lending Processing Coordinator will provide both technical and processing assistance to the Retail Lending Team as a function of loan processing, underwriting and preparing all consumer loans for approval and closing for both the Loan Center and Main Street Bank Branches. This position will incorporate pipeline management; data integrity, customer service, compliance and document follow up, both internally and externally. Adhering to established turnaround time, productivity, and quality metrics the Consumer Lending Processing Coordinator will proactively create and maintain a close relationship with all parties involved in the loan transaction. Additionally, this position will require of the coordinator to provide guidance and training to all branch and lending personnel involved in originating and closing consumer loan products. Good judgment to make decisions in the best interest of our customers and in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures, investigate and eliminate problem situations, identify customer issues and offer solutions/options. Additionally, it is expected that this position will embrace the established sales and service culture while coaching employees to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Originate, process, and underwrite consumer loan files including Home Equity Line products and all secured and unsecured consumer products
- Work with the Branch Managers in the origination, processing, underwriting and closing of consumer loans; providing them with assistance for themselves and their staff, when needed.
- Responsible for the on-going and daily administration of (FLO)
- Assist in the review of subordination and modification requests. Prepares loan documents for closing and meets with the borrowers to conclude the process as it applies
- Meet expectations for timely workflows and pipeline management.
- Review application packages for completeness and accuracy and prepare final underwriting package for approval by the SVP/Retail Lending or Consumer Lending Operations Manager, when applicable
- Prepares files to be submitted to Loan Committee/Board of Investment for approval
- Facilitate all closing documents and prepare consumer loan files for scanning in a time appropriate manner. Provide support to the closing coordinator with regard to document preparation for residential scanning
- Disclose all loan files in accordance with TRID, RESPA, REG Z, ECOA, HMDA and other regulatory requirements for safety and soundness
- Process each file by requesting third party services, which include but are not limited to: Credit, Title, Appraisal, Flood etc…
- Provide support to borrowers and Branch personnel by initiating requests for appropriate information and documentation concerning the underwriting of the application.
- Verifies and signs off on conditions required by the borrower for loan files
- Perform post-closing reviews on closed consumer loan files; Maintain and Follow up on Consumer Missing Document Report.
- Assist in Initiating, developing, and maintaining updates for loan documents, products and programs.
- Make recommendations to management for process improvement for consumer lending.
- Work with SVP/Retail Lending or Consumer Lending Operations Manager to prepare and address all audit reports and findings for consumer loan products
- Provide backup support to Retail Lending on preparing closing packages and delivering to attorneys.
- Provide a positive working team environment
- Provide backup support for in the absence of staff and during peak times for ordering and reviewing of appraisals.
- Maintains the application log
- Maintains the Fair Lending Matrix
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Apply strategic skills to define and grow the business and manage business operations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes to ensure compliance in the areas of job responsibilities, and recommend improvements or changes as needed for compliance and/or for department efficiency.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to Up-hold the responsibilities set forth by the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS&R) and the SAFE Act
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting the monthly Mass Save Heat Loan report for funding.
- Responsible for processing of the Heat loan check once received monthly.
- Balance General Ledgers for the department.
- Prepare bills, including but not limited to Credstar, Equifax, and Avantus, to be paid by the due date.
- Monitor applications via Internet Direct. Will be responsible for logging in and assigning the applications out to branches and notifying branches of application still in process for follow up.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to continue the high standard of customer service
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Interacts independently with Branch Managers and members of the community to conduct banking needs; resolves customer issues as needed.
- Work is mostly routine and relies on prior directly related experience and specific bank policies.
- Work is not directly supervised, and role is relied upon to provide subject matter content within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business desired or banking courses and related work.
- Minimum of four years experience in processing, analyzing, and underwriting loan application files for both consumer and residential products.
- Thorough working knowledge of Fannie/Freddie guidelines Experience in “pipeline” management.
- Fiserv Easy Lender and FLO systems knowledge preferred
- Sound understanding of Compliance for both residential and consumer products
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Be registered or be eligible to register and maintain a valid Mortgage Loan Originator Identifier Number issued through the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS&R).
- Make sound decisions based on balanced consideration of facts, priorities, resources, constraints, and alternatives
- Excellent Communication Skills / Effective Communicator
- Excellent Organization skills
- Accurate, Attention to Detail
- Confidential and Discreet
- Creative, Resourceful
- Superior mathematical problem-solving
- Identifies customer needs and proactively cross-sells MSB’s products and services
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy, and goals. Independent
- Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems
The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, about banking products, their bank accounts & transactions and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports, and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors, and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety documents such as standard mortgage documents, underwriting guidelines and investor policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. files/ file boxes)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasionally travel locally for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. training, assisting at branch locations).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.