The brewer is responsible for raw material handling, all brewhouse operations up to fermentation, pitching yeast, and running CIP operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sanitary handling of raw materials.
- Ability to accurately stage and weigh raw materials, including the ability to lift 55+ pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to follow a recipe and brew a consistent product.
- Ability to juggle 2-3 brews at a time.
- Be able to work 10+ hours a day in a fast pace working environment.
- Communicate specific details and or process changes as needed to the Head Brewer, fellow brewers, cellar lead, and the quality lab.
- Accurate documentation of the brewing processes during your shift both on paper and digitally.
- Actively participate in Hop Valleys safety culture by following safety standards while working in the brewery.
- Keep your work area clean and sanitary throughout your shift.
Follow all standard operating procedures when handling chemicals and entering confined spaces.