Responsible for daily operations and performance of the Veteran Program Specialists and Veteran Care Navigators, which coordinate statewide suicide programs for the military and veteran population, including engagement with program partners and intensive follow-up and insight to callers. Actively monitors systems, data, reports, technology, and employee feedback. Strong ability to maintain key performance indicators per industry standards, the contractual scope of work, and/or regulatory entities. Ensures staff adherence to procedures and knowledge base documents to increase efficiency and effectiveness of lines of business.
This supervisor position is part of a national Department of Defense-funded grant project focused on cross-cutting prevention with military members and their families. In addition to overseeing a team of care navigators, the supervisor will work closely with the project team from Arizona State University and the Arizona Coalition for Military Families and four military sites.
- Oversee the provision of phone-based high-quality contact center services. This involves identifying the callers' needs, developing a plan, and following up with callers and community partners to promote successful outcomes.
- Respond quickly and effectively with a resolution to issues escalated by Veteran Support Line Program Specialists and Veteran Care Navigators
- Actively monitor the agent status system to help manage the work activity of the support line agents, including incoming and outbound contacts, queues, delay times, and the status of agents to accept new contacts promptly.
- Actively monitor the agent status system to help manage the work activity of the Care Navigators.
- Responsible for daily scheduling and staffing, including filling shifts, managing floor coverage (lunches/breaks), traffic control, and overtime; ensures staffing is effective, meets contractual requirements, and operates with fiscal responsibility.
- Assists Program Manager in ensuring equitable workload for Veteran Care Navigators and Veteran Support Specialists.
- Assists Program Manager oversee the call operations of the Be Connected Support Line and Care Navigators.
- Document unmet needs to assist in identifying gaps in services that can be addressed through data reporting.
- Identifies and escalates identified personnel, system, and partner issues to Program Manager.
- Accurately document all customer interactions using web-based computer software systems.
- Utilize recognized professional & agency standards at all times. Maintain professionalism in working with sensitive client information.
- Interview, hire, onboard, and train new direct reports; provide ongoing training as required.
- Set employee goals and objectives; monitor performance through call and documentation reviews; provide coaching and complete performance evaluations.
- Able to attend in person meetings/events throughout the State of Arizona.
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Critical thinking skills and effective decision-making within the context of the organization’s culture
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to coach others
- Provides timely guidance and feedback
- Results in task accomplishment
- Demonstrates clear/concise/logical verbal and written business communication for the execution of vision and strategic initiatives
- Plans effectively
- Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing significant changes in work tasks or environment
- Adjusts effectively to new processes
- Excellent customer service skills
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships that facilitate the accomplishment of goals
- Technical, industry-specific knowledge about healthcare, behavioral health, and social services.
- Ability to act professionally and maintains appropriate boundaries with clients and staff.
- Ability to maintain professional online presence.
- Ability to report as scheduled to work, meetings, training, and job-related activities prepared and as scheduled.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate compassion and meet people with compassion; Effort, every interaction deserves my best effort; and Ownership, which drives the company's success.
- Maintains an open and accepting mindset by being an active learner, participating in discussions with others, trying new approaches and ideas, and being self-aware and self-reflective for continual personal, professional, and leadership growth.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and 2-5 years of experience, Required
- 1+ year(s) leadership experience
- Supervisory experience, Preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish, Preferred
- 1-2 years of call center experience, Preferred
- Understanding of Arizona social services and community resources
Moderate Local AZ Travel
While performing the job duties in the office or at a home office, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands; they must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Exposure to noise typical with office operations. Ability to hear and speak.
Who We Are & What We Offer:
Solari is an award-winning nonprofit that operates a 24/7 crisis line serving statewide in Arizona and Oklahoma. Our mission is to Inspire Hope through our talented and compassionate staff.
Since 2007, Solari has been providing crisis contact center services and, in that short time, has helped thousands of individuals and families connect to the help they need. Additionally, in that short timeframe, Solari has grown to expand services to a peer-run Warm Line, Serious Mental Illness (SMI) determinations, mobile team dispatches, crisis transportation services, emergency room-based assessments, Department of Child Safety (DCS) rapid response and crisis stabilization services, telephone follow-up to those who need it, tragedy support lines and other in-kind services to the community.
- Friendly work environment
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Health benefits (M/D/V) that start the first of the month following the hire date
- Competitive compensation
- Convenient Tempe location and Hybrid Schedule
- On-site fitness room free to all employees
- And many more great perks!
Solari is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for the employee per applicable federal, state, and local laws. At Solari, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and dedicated people come together to make a lifetime impact on each of our Client's lives. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.