- Be an active participant in a team-based fundraising department and provide additional assistance to other development staff members when required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in fundraising within the non-profit sector including direct solicitation experience (non-event related), as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable ability to prepare and present both formal written and oral presentations.
- Requires strong collaboration skills in order to work effectively across the department and organization.
- Function consistently as a highly valued and high performing team player within the Development department and the organization.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of individual giving fundraising principles (i.e. identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to respond rather than react to guidance and direction.
- Flexibility to work patron and special events that occur on the evenings and weekends
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Reports To: Director of Development
Status: Full Time Salary-Exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Weekdays with some evenings and weekends
Benefits Offered: Alley Theatre offers a complete health benefits package, paid vacation and sick, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
Alley Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Alley Theatre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.