The Human Resources Coordinator supports the Fleets Mission and Visitor Experience Philosophy by providing administrative support to the Human Resources department and customer service to the Fleets employees, interns and volunteers. This position will have a particular focus on benefits administration, recruitment and personnel records management. In addition to the duties outlined below, all Fleet employees are expected to professionally and openly collaborate and engage with their co-workers and our volunteers and interns.
This is primarily an onsite position working a full time, Monday through Friday schedule at the Fleet Science Center. Occasional opportunities to work remotely may be approved on an as-needed basis.
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
- Benefits Administration: reconcile bills, provide benefit information to employees and assist with any issues, file workers compensation claims assist with open enrollment.
- Recruitment: work with hiring managers to craft job descriptions, post jobs to internal and external job boards and coordinate the interview process.
- Onboarding: co-lead New Staff Orientation, ensure employees are properly onboarded through the HRIS system.
- Maintain personnel files, physical and digital. Ensure all documentation and paperwork is received for new hires, changes, and terminations.
- Maintain employee lockers, first aid supplies, HR forms, staff uniforms, and office supplies for the HR department.
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to Human Resources issues and concerns.
- Respond to requests for employment and/or wage verifications, employee garnishments, and EDD claims.
- Assist with internal and external audits and compliance filings including I-9, payroll, and personnel file audits, EEO and ACA filings.
- Provide additional support the HR and Volunteer department as needed.
This is a full time position, eligible for the Fleet's employee benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k, in addition to paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
Working for the Fleet comes with some great perks including free access to other Balboa Park museums and the San Diego Zoo, free Fleet Science Center passes to share with friends and family, discounts at the Fleet's Science Store and Craveology Cafe and other discounts at vendors around Balboa Park! Come join our team!