POSITION SUMMARY: As an instructional and support service specialist, the teacher shall
provide ongoing counsel and evaluation in curriculum activities and methodological techniques
at both the individual and system level. Collaborate with instructional staff, other school
personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the
overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the
school improvement plan. Performs all job responsibilities in a manner that embodies the NSSA
• Serve on the diagnostic educational evaluation team considering placement or program
change for children requiring special education and insure parental involvement in such activities.
• Development of your assigned students' educational curriculum in conjunction with
classroom staff and clinical team.
• Participates in and/or coordinates a variety of meetings (IEP, Department, and School) for
the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. IEP) for the purpose of documenting students'
progress and that goals and objectives are being met.
• Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals (e.g. behavioral,
motor development and communication skills, academic needs, vocational abilities, etc.) for
the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, administration and supervisor (s).
• Evaluate students' progress and update programming in accordance with written IEP's and
selecting appropriate methods and materials for classroom instruction.
• Daily data collection and cumulative percentage recordings of each students' progress.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of all service documents and plans as related to clients
assigned to work with. Implements all services as outlines in these documents and plan.
• Teaches appropriate skills and involves individual(s) supported in meaningful and valued activities.
• Obtains knowledge of individual(s) supported desired outcomes and works to ensure they
are integrated into daily activities.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all personal information concerning individual(s) supported.
• Knows, advocates and respects the rights of student (s) supported.
• Exhibits professional behavior towards the student (s) supported, families, coworkers, school
personnel and supervisors.
• Strictly adheres to confidentiality guidelines, as well as NSSA policies and procedures.
POSITION AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTEXT
• The position requires the performance of tasks necessitating visual, manual, communicative,
and analytic abilities within a team setting.
• The position requires that work be performed in multiply settings. Therefore, the ability to
travel independently in the community may be required 25% of the time.
• The position represents the organization in many different forums. Professionalism in dress
and conduct as well as appropriate representation of the agency is expected.
• Responsible for compliance with federal and state special education regulations.
• Responsible for maintaining all certifications and licensing necessary for employment.
• Physical demands; Ability to lift, push, pull and/or hold at least 50 pounds or more, bending,
lifting and the ability to stand for at least eight hours at a time.
Benefits: NSSA provides a professional and encouraging work environment that promotes
collaboration and support to our employees. Our employees benefit from continuing training and
development in autism, as well as Applied Behavior Analysis.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplement Insurance
• Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
• 401 a Pension and 403b Retirement
• Life Insurance
• Short/Long Term Disability/NYS Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account
• Tuition Assistance on approved curriculum after 1 year of service
• Employee Discount Programs
Career Info: . www.nssainfo.org Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: NSSA is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. NSSA is a drug-free