POSITION GOAL: The Wait Staff serve meals to the residents of Blakeford, Burton Court and Woodcrest in a courteous and efficient manner.
ENVIRONMENT: Over the past 20 years, Blakeford has established itself as the premier provider of solutions for seniors in Nashville and the Middle Tennessee region. From its beginnings as a single-site, continuing care retirement community, Blakeford has evolved into the innovative leader in long-term care for the area. Along with our CARF-CCAC accredited lifestyle and health services community, Blakeford at Green Hills, the organization also includes our CARF-CCAC accredited home and community services provider, Blakeford at Home, as well as our “continuing-care-without-walls” offering, LiveWell by Blakeford. Under the auspices of a visionary board of directors, teamed with a long-tenured executive leadership team, Blakeford is poised to continue to expand its mission of serving seniors and their loved ones by fulfilling our Service Vision of “Exemplary Service…Every Time!”.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Based upon a core value of Integrity which Blakeford defines as “Doing the right thing every time”, our organization strives to adhere to the following values in all that we do:
- Community – Nurturing a sense of connection and belonging.
- Compassion – Caring from the heart.
- Respect – Honoring and valuing every person.
- Consistency – Always being exemplary.
- Innovation – Encouraging the pursuit of limitless possibilities.
- Empowerment – Supporting hospitality inspired solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Wait Staff:
- Utilize proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Ensure all tables are set and chairs are clean and in place prior to service.
- Take orders from each guest in a timely manner and are knowledgeable of all specials and food items being served.
- Completes all opening and closing side work as assigned by the supervisor.
- Clean and reset tables, as needed
- Attend all in-service training as requested by the supervisor
- Conducts oneself in a manner which contributes to a calm, organized and efficient working environment.
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Wait Staff Supervisor
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Immediate Supervision: Receives close supervision related to specific work activities, and assignments; usually receives frequent surveillance over job activities; instructions are detailed and assignments are typically short term.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic computer skills