Rainbow Hospice Care (RHC) is currently accepting applications for an RN Triage position. This role will work on a flex-time basis and will be included in the weekend rotation schedule. Weekend hours would be Saturday and Sunday from 7am-7pm each day. Weekend rotation is subject to change but is currently every 3rd weekend. Work location for this position is at the RHC Inpatient Center in Johnson Creek.
Purpose of the Position: Prioritize calls and instruct visit nurses and case managers to see patients as needed. Provide direction to patients, families, and caregivers based on the plan of care. Evaluate the needs of the patient and caregivers and determine if it is appropriate to send clinical or social services staff to assess and treat.
- Timely documentation of all calls including problems and intervention.
- Assists with scheduling tasks for RNs, SWs and CNAs as directed.
- Works closely with members of the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure proper patient follow-up on after-hours calls.
- Works closely with admissions team to ensure timely, efficient, and effective admissions.
- Performs intake duties in collaboration with intake staff to cover vacations or during periods of high referrals.
- Monitors and manages patient equipment and supply needs.
- Working knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation and HFS 131.
- Maintains communication with patient, family/caregiver, attending MD, and others as necessary.
- May be asked to deliver nursing and/or CNA care to patients including personal hygiene, comfort measures, nourishment, and provides physical and psychological support to the patient and family when staffing dictates.
- Teaches patients, family members, and caregivers regarding the disease process, self care techniques, end of life care, and process for dealing with grief and ethical issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.