Status of Employment:
- Monday and Tuesday: 9:30am - 2:15pm
Assist in providing guidance and assistance while working with individuals with disabilities in an adult day program setting to continue development of life skills in the areas of health and wellness, education, art, recreation and leisure skills, and job training.
- Provide direct leadership and supervision to assigned day camp programs and services.
- Assist in providing developmentally appropriate activities that meet the needs and interests of the participants in the HEART Day Program in the areas of health, education, art, recreation, and training.
- Implement activities in program setting according to established schedule.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals and objectives specific to area of responsibility.
- Assist in the evaluation of programs and services in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Participate with program participants in scheduled daily activities.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of reports and records regarding program participants, programs, and services.
- Maintain areas in a clean, organized, and neat manner.
- Accompany program participants on field trips.
- May transport program participants and supplies using a park district vehicle.
- Assist with the purchase, distribution, and maintenance of proper inventory of all supplies and materials.
- Establish cooperative working relationships with co-workers and parents.
- Attend pertinent departmental/park district meetings and in-house training sessions.
- Conduct self-according to the policies and procedures established by the park district.
- Wear assigned uniforms while on duty.
- Participate in park district Safety and Training Program to ensure that the work performed and services provided are implemented in a safe manner.
- Assist with other recreation programs and special events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.