Are you looking to make a difference in the world?
Looking to take the next step in your career with an impactful organization helping people?
Join AFTD, the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. AFTD is growing rapidly, with a greater ability to offer help for those affected than ever before. Join us today to make a difference for families affected by FTD, across the United States and beyond.
The Support Services Manager will manage a staff team to support AFTD’s volunteer-led Support Group Network and grow AFTD’s expanding support options. They are responsible in conjunction with the Director of Support and Education for the designing and implementing of emerging support services for those living with FTD and their care partners. They will work collaboratively with AFTD’s Volunteer, Education, Support, and Research teams as well as multiple stakeholders to develop and maintain support opportunities. They will oversee the volunteers leading support and develop programs for continued sustainability. They will work closely with the Director of Support and Education to inform strategic planning, develop, and manage support services goals and budgets, and evaluate the impact of support programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Managing the Support Services Program: Manage AFTD’s volunteer-run support group network. Work with department heads and stakeholders to assess needs and provide opportunities for expanded support services. Develop new and innovative modes of support for emerging stakeholder groups. Grow the current local/regional/ network of support to meet the needs of diverse groups. Ensure other projects and activities which collaborate with support services meet AFTD’s priorities and interests. Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and directs efforts to expand inclusion within the support group network from diverse backgrounds.
- Support Group Volunteer Management: Manage and evaluate the role of Support Group Volunteers and provide continued opportunities for education and support. Collaborate with marketing and volunteer teams to maintain ongoing Support Group Volunteer recruitment efforts and effective communication of support services to people living with FTD and their care partners Manage and implement streamlined policies and processes that are integrated with the Volunteer Program for all Support Group Volunteers including recruitment, screening, onboarding, training, program evaluation, and Support Group Volunteer retention strategies. Identify and address Support Group Volunteer needs to foster retention and deep engagement with the organization.
- Staff Management: Provide ongoing supervision, support, and problem-solving assistance to Support Services Coordinators in the fulfillment of their roles. Manage the flow of work within their assigned responsibilities in support of department goals.
Other Job Functions
- Create and maintain up-to-date Support Group Volunteer materials such as volunteer applications, handbook, agreements, orientation resources, and other collateral
- Optimize technology solutions for internal efficiencies, Support Group Volunteer engagement and retention, and build other avenues of support services for those affected by FTD.
- With the communications department, develop and maintain regular website/social media enhancements as needed
- Collaborate with staff members to keep board committees informed of the Support Services network and projects.
- Manage and oversee consequential, annual Support Group Volunteer events.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed (anticipated travel 1-2 times per year in the continental US).
This position has supervisory responsibilities for the following roles.
- Support Services Coordinators