Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrate a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Active participant or member of Elmbrook Church who endorses or supports the statement of faith, vision and core values
- Demonstrate the ability to create a positive atmosphere in the workplace
- Possess a desire to grow, seek relationships, resources and training to assist in the continuation of personal and professional growth
- Desire to build positive and healthy relationships with staff, volunteers, congregants and vendors
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Display proactivity in anticipating and discerning needs of the staff
- Display creativity in problem solving and thinking outside the box
- Possess proficient computer skills especially in excel.
- Have strong communication skills, verbal and written - ability to listen well and communicate effectively with other staff members and vendors.
- Possess high ethical standards and confidentiality
- Possess prior experience recruiting and managing volunteers helpful
- Have prior cash management experience (2-4 years) helpful
- Process contributions from all the Elmbrook Church campuses and JBU.
- Prepare all deposits to go to the bank
- Direct deposit all checks
- Manage our online giving utility, SecureGive.
- Manage contributors giving records and respond to any questions or concerns.
- Process all other incoming money including event fees, mission trip donations, and other income
- Draft donor letters for stock, IRA and Foundation contributions.
- Recruit the Sunday morning offering volunteer counting teams and manage procedures.
- Cross train on other areas of finance to understand the big picture and be available to step in where needed
- Help Accounts Payable (AP) process bills weekly in bill.com (payable system) for payment
- Act as a back-up for managing AP email and help code invoices
- Reconcile credit card activity
- Help maintain receipt filing system
- Complete other miscellaneous AP duties as assigned
- Distribute staff birthday, anniversary cards and gifts
- Purchase staff gifts for major life events.
This position is part-time, hourly and classified as non-exempt
28 hours/week (Mondays required)
Salary dependent on experience, skills & education
Paid Time Off (PTO) Part-time employees who are scheduled to work more than 10 hours per week are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.
403b Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if they are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan is the first of the month following date of hire. On an employees first anniversary, Elmbrook will match up to 1%.
Holidays Part time employees who are scheduled to work more than 10 hours per week are eligible for holiday pay if the holiday falls on their normal scheduled work day. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays. Refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.