Crystal Bridges is a museum of American art located in Bentonville, Arkansas. We explore the unfolding story of America by actively collecting, exhibiting, interpreting, and preserving outstanding works that illuminate the American heritage and artistic possibilities. We are passionate about transforming lives through experiences that encourage the discovery of new ideas, expanded dreams, and inspired actions.
As an intern at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, you will be empowered to think creatively, ask questions, and make suggestions to help move the institution forward.
The Development Database Internship with Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is designed to provide an overview of the skills and responsibilities required to successfully process gifts and donations from donors and sponsors for Development.
The Development Database Intern will contribute to the advancement of Crystal Bridges’ gift processing strategy while gaining practical experience and skills in the areas of donor communication and gift acknowledgement, database entry, report creation, and reconciliation.
The Development Database Intern will also receive an overview of the museum’s greater fundraising initiatives, including but not limited to membership, donor relations, and corporate sponsorships. The opportunity to customize specific projects is available based on the intern’s unique interests, skills, and career goals.
Areas of Support
The Development Database Intern will actively participate and perform duties in the following functional areas:
- Gift acknowledgement and receipts
- Process incoming gifts in our membership database, Tessitura
- Keep detailed records of gift acknowledgement steps
- Help prepare reports, documents, letters and other correspondence related to donor stewardship and cultivation.
- Other Development tasks as assigned
- Introduction to soliciting funding from individuals and corporations and the museum’s membership program
- Assisting in the execution of development events when available Strategic input on future cultivation, stewardship, and pipeline development plans to grow donor and sponsor base.