Chartered in 1918, Seton Hill University is a leading Catholic coeducational liberal arts university founded by the Sisters of Charity and embracing students of all faiths. Located in southwestern Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands (yet only 35 miles from Pittsburgh), Seton Hill educates its more than 2000 students to “think and act critically, creatively and ethically as productive members of society committed to transforming the world.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide and coordinate reasonable accommodations, support services, and programs within the Office of Disability Services, and assist TRIO Student Support Services students by providing academic counseling/advising and programming. This full-time position is split between the Office of Disability Services and TRIO Student Support Services. It is a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to foster the success of students and provide support to the campus community. The position falls under Academic Affairs, Academic Enrichment and Retention, with direct reporting to Disability Services and TRIO Student Support Services.
- Coordinate accommodations including student testing needs and classroom note takers.
- Provide academic counseling/coaching to aid in the development and growth of each student in their academic, emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, and physical development as supported in the Seton Hill University Mission Statement.
- Provide information to assist students with disabilities in their transition to the University and persist through graduation.
- Maintain confidential student services files including documentation, record of service provided in Accommodate/CAPS databases and compile required reports.
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of the Opportunity Summer Bridge Program and coordinate its year-long peer mentoring program (serve as the trainer and supervisor to the peer mentors).
- Serve as a resource to the entire university community in supporting students with a disability to include in and out of the classroom needs, ensuring compliance with the guidelines set by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ADA Reauthorization Act of 2018.
- Assist in maintaining the objectives and plan of operation for the TRIO Student Support Services program including the planning and implementation of on and off campus student programming, events, and trips.
- Stay current with the SHU ODS procedures and with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADAA, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act legal decisions, especially as related to higher education.
Diversity is a core value at Seton Hill University. We are passionate about building and sustaining an equitable, and inclusive learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff. We actively seek to recruit applicants who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds.
Submit cover letter and resume.
In addition, a personal Diversity Statement of no more than two pages must be submitted along with the application materials listed above. Please provide a response to, how has your experience with diversity (exposure to things outside of your norm) impacted your personal growth?
The position is open until filled with the Search Committee reviewing no fewer than five (5) working days from posting.