Asuragen is a global molecular diagnostics product and solutions company, and we use our unique combination of proprietary chemistry and bioinformatics to develop products that address unmet needs for both clinical research and diagnostic laboratories. Our product portfolio is comprised of reagent kits and software for Genetics and Oncology applications.
As a Field Application Scientist on the Customer Experience team, you will perform a key role in driving clients’ adoption of Asuragen’s diagnostic products. Leveraging a strong technical background with customer service mindset, you will deliver high-quality product training and technical support to our customers, with a goal of guiding successful implementation. Working collaboratively with sales, marketing, and research team members you will help inform account strategy, develop customized technical solutions, and be a consultant for the customer.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Territory Sales Managers to develop and execute short- and mid-term sales tactics to meet/exceed commercial sales goals
- Provide in-field product expertise to support complex technical sales discussions with current and prospective customers
- Utilize approved strategic marketing messaging while managing customer relationships and supporting all aspects of the sales cycle
- Support consistent and responsive front line communication with customer inquiries and complaints, including all appropriate communication tracking processes
- Support and promote Asuragen products through attendance at workshops, seminars, and customer visits
- Future travel expected up to 70%. Currently no travel due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Partner with marketing to ensure sales tools and materials are available and fit-for-purpose to support driving successful attainment of territory goals
- Provide timely market and customer feedback to product management and marketing team to ensure strategic insights are being captured
- Assist with planning and organization of local customer relation events, participating in tradeshows, seminars and workshops and conducting technical seminars in the field
- Provide detailed customer engagement reporting through accurate and timely record keeping in Salesforce.com
- Define and create technical training modules for workshops, customer product training, sales & marketing personnel and distributors, together with contributions to and review of marketing and product materials with technical content
- Assemble and maintain internal and external training materials on the general specifications, inputs, outputs, and FAQ’s of Asuragen’s product offerings
- Acquire expertise in all current and new Asuragen products and platforms via interaction with operations, development, and research personnel
- Attend and contribute to interdepartmental meetings, including input on product design and related technical issues.
- Seek training opportunities that enhance the technical knowledge base
Who You Are & What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or other technical field; 4 to 10 years+ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong technical knowledge of molecular biology/techniques
- Demonstrated customer service ability and enthusiasm
- Practical laboratory experience using applications such as next generation sequencing (NGS), sample preparation, qPCR and/ or capillary electrophoresis assays and panels
- In depth knowledge of clinical laboratory assay adoption practices and processes
- Experience team-selling to clinical diagnostic customers
What We Offer
We have an incredibly talented group of down-to-earth professionals with the experience, drive and creativity to make Asuragen a world-class global diagnostics company. Our workplace is full of enthusiastic, hardworking and intelligent people with bold ideas and the determination to see them through.
Our best-in-class diagnostic tests are used throughout a patient’s lifespan by laboratories worldwide. Asuragen is located in Austin, TX, which offers top-notch technology, educational, and business benefits.
Asuragen provides a competitive salary, commission plan, car allowance, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and a tuition reimbursement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Asuragen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.