JobsOhio is a private, nonprofit corporation designed to drive job creation and new capital investment in Ohio through business attraction, retention and expansion efforts. Economic development is about creating a place where companies can thrive and individuals can enjoy a higher standard of living. JobsOhio plays a leading role in economic development and serves as a catalyst to accelerate growth by investing in communities, helping Ohio’s businesses expand and attracting new companies to the state – all contributing to job creation, greater payrolls and more investment.
Summary of Position
The position acts as the coordinator for the organization supporting the planning and execution of events. This individual is responsible for providing event support during all phases of event preparation through execution and completion. Responsibilities include tracking and reporting on event status through event planning documents, event planning and logistical support for internal and external events, meetings, and tradeshows. Strong collaboration with the marketing and communications, sector and business development staff are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Event Coordinator will be expected to support events and special projects from end-to-end. This role requires excellent customer service skills, the ability to work cross-functionally on multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong project management skills.
- Ensure key events are appropriately calendarized and key stakeholders have visibility.
- Develop and maintain event plans including securing details required to develop a brief.
- Coordinate and support events including groundbreakings, ribbon cuttings, tradeshows, sponsored events, board meetings, visiting delegations, and corporate events.
- Assist with organizing and planning logistics including securing a location for events, arranging for audio-visual needs, room set-up and event flow, selection and monitoring of catering, coordination of gifts, and other arrangements as needed.
- Manage registration and check-in process for events.
- Ensure event brand standards reflect overall Ohio and JobsOhio standards.
- Coordinate with regional event managers and marketing teams to ensure a one firm, one state approach.
- On-site management of meetings and events as needed.
- Create event reports upon completion for process and execution improvements.