This position coordinates all aspects of the Organization’s Human Resources activities. The position supports a broad range of duties including Benefits Administration (Medical, Dental, and 403b), Payroll, Time and Attendance, Training, enforcing company policies and practices, HR Information System Administration and acts as an Employee Liaison to management. The position works directly with all 3rd party vendors who provide products and systems used in our HR functions.
The position oversee all aspects of the Organization’s Human Resources functions, and includes the functions listed below:
- Manages full cycle Applicant Tracking System for all FIC sites and positions from job postings, scheduling interviews, employment offers, all aspects of on boarding and new employee orientation i.e., background/compliance checks etc. Issues pre-adverse and adverse action letters as needed.Coordinates with Workforce Development Manager in employee development.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations, in accordance with company policy.May be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations or investigating allegations of wrong doing.
- Completes external employment verifications, wage statements and responds to unemployment benefit filings.
- Provides consultation to supervisory and management staff on workforce development (collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for positions) and retention strategies and any HR topics as needed or requested by the Executive Director or Board Executive Committee.Provides guidance to supervisors on succession planning and development.
- Acts as Plan Administrator and manages all benefit programs including annual plan research, cost forecasts, presentation to senior management.Ensures enrollment or decline waivers for all eligible employees in all respective plans.
- Files workers injury reports with Copperpoint Insurance, assists employee with insurance requirements through recovery, encourages supervisors on work accommodations and RTW processes, and coordinates with Clinical staff on required IR filings with externals such as AHCCCS.
- Responsible for employee communication on HR topics, including employee handbook, annual calendar of paid holidays, planning and facilitating employee meetings on HR topics such as open enrollment or supervisory training.
- Oversees agency employee performance implementation plan and educates and supports managers and supervisor staff in this function.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance. (EEOC, FMLA, ADA etc.)
- Maintains the HR database by running routine reports to ensure all appropriate data fields are populated.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.Annually evaluates pay grade scales to market, and participates in community employment surveys such as AZ Council for Human Service Providers.
- Annually reviews, edits and updates Employee Handbook and works with various committees on policies and procedures ensuring cultural competencies.
- Collaborates with Finance and Executive Director in budget preparations and strategic planning.
- Co-Administrator (clerical-to-user-to-manager role) in Paycom system to maximize software tool to meet agency’s revolving needs.
- Coordinates with Finance with regards to labor distributions and other pay coding functions to meet contract and grant requirements.
- Substitute and backup to Finance on payroll processing.
- Other duties as required and assigned.