JOB REQUIREMENTS (Experience, education, knowledge, skills & abilities required for competent performance in the job)
- Bachelors degree (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Construction Management, Business) or related trade experience.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial and industrial energy, building efficiency (HVAC/R, Mechanical/Engineering and/or Electrical/Lighting Contractor), or utility channels.
- 2+ years of sales and/or account management experience. Extensive energy efficiency industry expertise enabling effective communications at the highest level of the customers organization ideal.
- Knowledge and/or experience with service providers in specific industry sectors.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to train, develop and provide oversight to a diverse and complex trade ally community.
- Customer engagement skills at senior levels; building long-term strategic and executive relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with counterparts in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), LEED or other industry certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of building science and energy systems.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and US policies for energy efficiency preferred.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and prioritization skills necessary.
- Resourcefulness to meet tight deadlines and flexibility with fluctuating priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in speech and writing, with customers, staff, managers, supervisors, contractors and clients.
- Valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle required. Compliance with acceptable vehicle insurance levels as outlined in the company policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without accommodation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (The physical demands of the job)
- Consistently spending time sitting, typing, talking, walking and using repetitive motion.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery, such as a computer.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Sedentary work: ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.