- 7 years experience in marketing, sales, customer service, and/or hospitality.
- 3 years of management experience, preferably using principles of collaborative leadership, with focus on managing customer service database systems, with direct experience developing and maintaining internal customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
- Comfort speaking with families and the general public about Recompose.
- Strategic thinking and an ability to act upon organizational mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to analytically break down problems into their core issues and draw conclusions as to appropriate resolutions.
- Demonstrable competence in strategic planning and business development.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- A collaborative mindset for working with customer service, direct care services, outreach, and marketing teams.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Experience with project management, including basic scheduling and budgeting.
- Experience in setting and executing strategy for customer service and support, and/or customer retention.
- Skilled in managing customer relationship management (CRM) technology systems to collect and maintain customer data and track project effectiveness.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to plan, implement, and operate and maintain databases.
- Ability to act upon organizational mission, vision, and values.
- Experience in career development and mentorship.
- Empathy and interpersonal sensitivity; great listening skills.
- Ability to find creative solutions to possible difficult interpersonal situations.
- Resilience: ability to manage own emotions, demonstrate self-control under pressure or adversity, and practice self-care.
- Flexibility: ability to adapt to new situations and to change focus unexpectedly.
- Commitment to working at a progressive company that explicitly works to be anti-racist, by advocating and protecting the rights of people of color and religious minorities, and feminist, by protecting the rights of women, transgender, and gender nonconforming people.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT
The person in this position will perform the essential function of the position primarily in an office type of environment which may require sitting/standing at a desk, as well as interacting with technology (computer, phone), for most of the day.
Travel: travel may be required to evaluate and work on out-of-state projects as we expand. Travel requirements may vary from 0-20% depending on a current project’s status, location, and needs. This is a hybrid/flexible role based in Seattle.
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFIT INFORMATION
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 25 Days of Paid Time Off (accrued based on 40hr work week)
- 5 Floating Holidays
- Recompose is closed for the following days: New Year’s Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day and Fall break as company holidays
- 3% 401K employer contribution
- Wellness and technology stipends
A NOTE ABOUT DEATH
Other than our funeral directors, only one person on our current team has come from a professional background in death care, and yet our team is the best we could have for our amazing and complex operation. Personal experience, or even just a thoughtful approach to death or dying, can help inform the work we do, but please don’t hesitate to apply because you haven’t worked in this industry previously. We are looking for people who are passionate and skilled in creating positive, memorable customer experiences and who are ready to help us build one of the best companies in the world.
Our goal as an employer is to have a feminist, antiracist culture, and to employ a diverse, inclusive workforce that is representative of all people we do or might serve. As such, we do not discriminate on any protected status, and moreover, we celebrate applications from persons of color, persons of all genders and gender expressions, persons of any sexual orientation, the formerly incarcerated, and persons in of any other protected class, such as religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, pregnancy status, or genetic status. Please feel free to let us know in your application if you fit into any such category/ies, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply.