Special Education Teacher - School at Northeast - Schenectady, NY
**Sign On Bonus $2,500**
The School at Northeast position is responsible for development and implementation of classroom instructional plans for students in School at Northeast and is responsible for supporting students success in academic and behavioral goals.
- Follow all Agency policies and procedures, along with state and federal regulations pertaining to our school and students.
- Develop and implement a classroom instructional plan based on a students IEP and grade and subject area curricula; work with content area teachers to ensure that their lessons are differentiated as to meet the needs of all students.
- Develop and implement Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) for all students on their caseload. Ensure that accommodations and modifications are provided. Provide specially designed instruction and monitor student progress toward academic and behavioral goals. Complete progress reports and IEP updates as required, and participate in CSE meetings as scheduled.
- Coordinate the creation of special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on an understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities; create and modify materials to match student abilities.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of individual and classroom behavior plans for managing student behavior to maintain discipline in the classroom; oversee the collecting of behavior data; assist classroom staff with crisis prevention and intervention techniques; assist classroom staff with de-escalation techniques when appropriate; teach students appropriate behavior strategies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Special Education or subject area, as appropriate, and ability to work with students who demonstrate serious emotional and behavioral challenges, ages 6-21. Bachelors degree with enrollment in a program that leads to a Masters degree may be considered.
- Requires that you acquire a NYS certification in Special Education or appropriate subject area, or enrollment in a program that leads to NYS teacher certification within one year of hire.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.