JobsOhio is a private, nonprofit corporation designed to drive job creation and new capital investment in Ohio through business attraction, retention and expansion efforts. Economic development is about creating a place where companies can thrive and individuals can enjoy a higher standard of living. JobsOhio plays a leading role in economic development and serves as a catalyst to accelerate growth by investing in communities, helping Ohio’s businesses expand and attracting new companies to the state – all contributing to job creation, greater payrolls and more investment.
Summary of Position
The Staff Accountant performs general accounting duties to support JobsOhio, JobsOhio Beverage System (JOBS), and any other related entities. The Staff Accountant is involved in the day-to-day management of accounting operations including financial statement preparation, analyzing and interpreting financial data, tax filings and other reporting compliance, and reporting budgetary information. The Staff Accountant supports the Controller, Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant, and other members of the organization as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform routine accounting functions:
- Bank Reconciliations: Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivable: Create and maintain customer invoices. Ensure accuracy of invoices before they are sent to customers utilizing reporting and discussions with the warehouse management teams. Process customer deposits accurately and timely. Monitor A/R aging report and follow up on collections when necessary. Provide additional backup and explanations for invoices as requested by customers.
- Cash Management: Keep a comprehensive accounting of cash balances across all entities. Work closely with the Controller to create officer’s certificates to initiate bank transfers as needed and/or scheduled.
- Budget Management and Coordination: Assist in the creation of annual budgets across JobsOhio and JOBS. Facilitate communication between accounting and operations team. Maintain and update approved budgets on a quarterly basis and as requested.
- Inventory: Monitor inventory transactions and report any problems or discrepancies to the Controller. Perform regular reviews and/or audits of the inventory processes and controls put in place to ensure operations are functioning appropriately and all inventory is accounted for accurately.
- Accounts Payable: Process A/P invoices for payment including analytical review of vendor invoices, purchase orders, and related contracts.
- Employee Expense Reports: Review and process employee expense reports in accordance with expense policies and procedures.
- Fixed Asset Management: Assist with recording fixed asset acquisitions and maintain depreciation schedule.
- Account Reconciliations: Prepare work papers that analyze account balances and reconcile to the general ledger. Update existing workpapers monthly and create new workpapers as needed.
- Intercompany Transactions: Provide support in recording intercompany transactions including compiling data and performing calculations used to determine amounts owed between companies.
- Tax Preparation: Assist with the creation of the Form 990 and prepare workpapers to support the information reported on the return. Assist with the preparation and issuance of Form 1099s.
Perform comprehensive financial reporting process including:
- Financial close: Perform the month-end close process by creating/submitting adjusting journal entries and assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Financial reporting: Prepare data for financial and compliance reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Assist in developing ad hoc financial reports.
- Audit: Support the annual audit and quarterly review processes by providing information to external auditors and work to maintain and improve internal controls.
- Board reporting: Prepare summary data and analysis for quarterly board meetings.