Overview: The Inbound Logistics Assistant is responsible for managing all inbound shipments for Dover Street Market New York (DSMNY) and Dover Street Market Los Angeles (DSMLA). This role is responsible for ensuring timely shipments by owning customs issues, partnering with the warehouse, and merchandising teams, and maintaining logs and documentation.
- Inbound Shipments: Approve all inbound shipments for DSMNY and DSMLA, ensuring compliance with company and regulatory standards.
- Customs Issues Handling: Point person for resolving all inbound customs issues to ensure smooth operations and timely deliveries.
- Issue Resolution: Partner with warehouse and merchandising teams to resolve any issues related to product receipt.
- Inbound Log: Maintain an accurate inbound log for all warehouses.
- Chargebacks Documentation: Own and maintain documentation related to chargebacks to vendors, ensuring accurate records for accountability.
- Returns Coordination: Coordinate returns to the warehouse by creating Transfer Orders and manage returns to vendors as needed.
- Ensure timely delivery of all merchandise to the warehouse from vendors.
- Timely resolution of any customs related issues
- Vendor chargeback management.
- Cross departmental partnership with Merch team to resolve any inbound issues at warehouse.
- 2+ years of Logistics experience in the retail industry
- Multi-brand experience preferred
- Disciplined, multi-tasker
- Knowledge of Retail Pro Preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Detail Oriented
- Highly organized
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, high degree of initiative and independence, but also able to work with cross functional teams and various levels.
- High level of accuracy, able to detect inconsistencies and errors.