MEDIKO is a privately-owned, correctional healthcare provider headquartered in Richmond, VA. We proudly provide compassionate, comprehensive medical and mental health services to the underserved population in correctional facilities. At MEDIKO, our people are our most important resource and this position will support our rapid growth.
We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at our Meherrin River Regional Jail location to join a diverse team who bring knowledge and skills from a variety of backgrounds. Our LPN's have autonomy when caring for patients and use strong assessment skills to quickly identify risk factors and provide quality patient care in a correctional setting.
What You'll Do:
Our Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) support and assist with patient care for the residents in the facility.
- Works closely with the center's physician in providing proper medical care for those confined.
- Schedules dental and medical appointments per physician's orders.
- Provides emergency medical assistance.
- Conducts medical history interviews and prepares medical history and physical reports.
- Assists the center's physician in conducting sick call.
- Administers medicine dosage and treatment per physician's orders.
- Maintains control of all medications and drugs on hand in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assures that policies and procedures regarding the Medical Department are followed.
- Completes reports and medical forms.
- Assures that the medical office is clean and properly stocked.
- Assures that all medications and supplies are promptly ordered.
- Any other duties assigned by higher authority.
What We Require:
- Completion of an accredited nursing program - LPN
- Active state/commonwealth LPN license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Criminal background check, Security Clearance and Drug Screening
What We Offer: (benefits vary based on FT, PT, or PRN status)
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family
- Employer-paid Life insurance policy/AD&D, long-term disability and short-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Plan
- CEUs paid for by MEDIKO
- Generous paid time off including 10 Holidays
- Participation in the MEDIKO retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Please visit our website at www.mediko.com to learn more about opportunities at MEDIKO!
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.