MEDIKO is a privately-owned, correctional healthcare provider headquartered in Richmond, VA. We proudly provide compassionate, comprehensive medical and mental health services to the underserved population in correctional facilities. At MEDIKO, our people are our most important resource and this position will support our rapid growth.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) at our Meherrin River Regional Jail location to join a diverse team who bring knowledge and skills from a variety of backgrounds. Our RN's have autonomy when caring for patients and use strong assessment skills to quickly identify risk factors and provide quality patient care in a correctional setting.
What You'll Do:
Our Registered Nurses (RN) support and assist with patient care for the residents in the facility.
- Lead and coordinate the shift's activities of facility nursing and support staff.
- Ensure adherence to federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines, Mediko and facility policies and accepted nursing protocols and procedures.
- Coordinate the services with other patient care units/areas and provide nursing services and patient care as appropriate.
- Monitors all off-site referrals and provide case management services.
- Prepares, monitors and coordinates the daily patient care activities of the unit to ensure all physician orders are implemented and all patient encounters are documented
What We Require:
- Completion of an accredited nursing program - RN
- Active state/commonwealth RN license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Criminal background check, Security Clearance and Drug Screening
What We Offer: (benefits vary based on FT, PT, or PRN status)
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family
- Employer-paid Life insurance policy/AD&D, long-term disability and short-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Plan
- CEUs paid for by MEDIKO
- Generous paid time off including 10 Holidays
- Participation in the MEDIKO retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Please visit our website at www.mediko.com to learn more about opportunities at MEDIKO!
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.