Training and Experience:
- Associate Degree in human services related field or minimum two-year experience working with Latino YMSM
- Bilingual: English and Spanish required.
- familiar with the Latino MSM community and experience recruiting the population into sexual health services
- familiar with developing social marketing campaigns
- experience and comfortability with conducting one-on-one interviews
- experience working in a nonprofit environment
- experience working with HIV prevention and health education/health promotion
- health spectrum of HIV/STIs
- biomedical HIV prevention
- human sexuality and sexual identity
- health and social concerns of Latino MSM
- principles of social marketing
- virtual platforms for community connection and training
- work independently
- work effectively with divers group of staff, volunteers and professionals
- organize stakeholders and engage community building and establish linkages between stakeholder
- meet frequent, sometimes conflicting deadlines in a rapidly changing environment respond with sensitivity to social inequities and diverse ethnic groups
- adhere to HIPPA guidelines
- engage participants and encourage HIV testing and linkage to biomedical (PrEP/PEP) services)
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California drivers license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes. COVID vaccination and booster required or medical/religious exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.