Crisis Counselor I provide crisis intervention, suicide prevention, information & referral, and brief supportive counseling to clients who are in emotional distress and/or seeking information about mental health services. Crisis Counselor I work in a call center and all interactions with clients are by telephone. Crisis Counselor I also provide professional consultation to determine what less restrictive options are appropriate and triages requests for face-to-face mental health evaluations and dispatch the appropriate teams to conduct the evaluation.
About Care Crisis Response Services (CCRS):
CCRS is a 24/7 crisis center that provides suicide prevention/intervention, crisis intervention, and professional consultation services, including triaging requests for mental health evaluations to the Greater Columbia BH-ASO region (Kittitas, Yakima, Benton, Franklin, Walla Walla, Columbia, Garfield, Asotin, and Whitman counties). CCRS is a part of the Integrated Crisis Response System. We provide brief crisis counseling and assist the community and clients in determining what mental health services are most appropriate for the current mental health crisis. Our crisis center is also a part of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis intervention, suicide prevention and brief supportive counseling to clients who are in emotional distress
- Conduct assessments of clients per regional and program policies and procedures
- Manage interactions with clients to ensure appropriate level of support is provided in an efficient manner
- Adhere to policies & procedures
- Accurately and efficiently document client interactions
- Meet or exceed established key performance indicator goals
- Utilize current technologies to interact with clients and members of the community
- Provide professional assessment, consultation, and coordination
- Attend staff meetings and trainings on local and regional levels
- Act as mentors and coaches to new staff