- 5+ years of professional experience in recreation, camp, outdoor education, youth programming, or related field
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Passion for outdoor activities
- Experience working with youth
- Experience with diverse audiences
- Experience supervising staff and providing dynamic leadership to teams
- Experience managing operations or facilities
- Experience managing a budget
- Highly comfortable in an equestrian setting
- Experience teaching or facilitating groups
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in recreation, environmental education, youth development, natural resources, or related field preferred
- Familiarity with commercial kitchen work preferred
- Familiarity with site-based health support operations preferred
- Experience with camp activities, such as swimming, archery and target sports, leatherworking, hiking, wilderness cooking, ropes course, etc.
Our organization’s cultural values:
- We are relevant.
- We strive for equity.
- We put our stakeholders first.
- We collaborate to get the best results.
- We own our work.
Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, work in an office environment, work in a seated position, and work with computers.
The employee must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license. The employee must be able to lift or move 50 pounds or perform work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Activities occur both inside and outside and employee is subject to both environmental conditions; however, employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES (obtain within 3 months of hire):
Protecting Our Girls
CPR/ AED and First Aid