About the Bender JCC:
The Bender Jewish Community Center in Rockville, Maryland creates a welcoming and inclusive environment. We open our doors to everyone, including people of all backgrounds, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations, and interfaith couples and families.
We are a premier community center at the heart of Jewish life in Montgomery County, operating a full-scale health and fitness center, pre-school, day camp and variety of education and arts programs. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
The Bender JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Why this role matters:
Our event technicians work events in the Kreeger Auditorium and other venues as assigned at the Bender JCC. This position is essential to the success of events at the Bender JCC, working behind the scenes to ensure that everything runs smoothly at each event. Event technicians are responsible for managing all production processes, front of house duties, client relations with renters, and equipment operation, training, and maintenance.
- Preserve the safety of patrons, staff, and participants in all Center programs, partner programs, and rentals.
- Be the primary point of contact with Kreeger Auditorium programmers and other presenters.
- Serve as primary or secondary technician for client events.
- Serve as a production assistant to the Technical Manager, and work alongside Facility staff in the areas of event staging, lighting, sound, and audio/visual presentation for Center programs and rentals.
- Perform minor front of house responsibilities, including, but not limited to: crowd control, ushering, ticket taking, etc.
- Maintain and preserve the equipment and facility of the Center in the areas to which assigned.
- Participate in other setup and staging roles as needed at the Center, including but not limited to: setting up tables and chairs, presentation furnishings (podia, lecterns, etc.)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.