Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with modern radiation therapy systems and sub-systems.
- Experience performing simulation, pre-treatment imaging and treatment delivery procedures.
- Computer skills including -Mosaiq or Aria record & verify, Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Technical problem solving and critical thinking.
- Understands code capture procedures / requirements.
- Provide excellent care for all patients, regardless of age, race, sexual orientation or religion.
- Ability to work flexible hours, possibility to work both 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Ability to travel for educational / training purposes.
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs of equipment or weight of patient in wheelchair transfer and reach -6 feet above the floor.
- Able to walk for majority of shift.
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
- Flexibility/Managing Change
- Cooperation/Building Collaborative Relationships
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Bachelor degree preferred, associate degree required
- ARRT current certification, with full CE compliance.
- Washington Radiologic Technology license.
- Exposures to hazardous risks include radiation exposure (under the ALARA principle), potential exposure to infectious and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment and chemicals. Potential for bodily injury due to lifting. Required to follow universal precautions. Exposure to cleaning / sterilization agents. Hazards will be minimal if proper safety precautions are utilized. Work is mainly performed in an area with no natural light, and in close proximity to other team members.
- The SCCA Proton Therapy Center utilizes RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) tags at the centers for the purposes of analysis of productivity and patient throughput. This information is not for use as a management tool for employee performance issues.