Title: Commercial Credit Analyst II Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Commercial Lending Location: Commercial Lending
Reports To: Chief Credit Officer
Summary: Reporting to the Chief Credit Officer this position is responsible for analyzing and monitoring the credit worthiness of the bank’s commercial loan customers. This position will be responsible to analyzing financial statements (company prepared, CPA prepared and / or reviewed), tax returns and bank references as well as performing collateral assessments to evaluate the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit with the bank; Recommend credit lines within the established bank guidelines; Responsible for assessing the degree of risk involved with each credit / relationship; Prepares credit related memorandums/proposals for presentation to loan committees. Additionally, this position embraces the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Obtains loan request information from commercial lender or borrower to analyze credit information, financial statements, collateral value and other related information pertaining to the loan.
- Researches background documentation and reviews personal and business financial statements and tax returns. Spreads and analyzes financial information and prepares the preliminary analysis for the lender.
- Requests and may obtain financial statements on existing borrowers.
- Reviews and prepares written analysis, spreadsheets, reports, summaries and opinions. Prepares or assists in the preparation of loan memorandum/proposals for presentation to lenders and/or loan committees.
- Evaluates collateral pledged as security for loans and Updates collateral values, as needed on delinquent loans.
- Reviews loan files to ensure the completeness of the file and that all collateral has been secured properly.
- Assists lenders with reviews on Watch loans as assigned by senior management with the bank’s loan portfolio.
- Handles customer problems and complaints, counsels customers with special needs and requests.
- Ability to effectively work independently, with colleagues and/or in teams on multiple analyses and or other tasks or projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Bank’s loan products and procedures.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Other duties as assigned
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Interacts independently and under limited supervision. Work is analytical in nature and procedures adhered to are prescribed by bank, State and Federal policy and regulations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Accounting/Finance; MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years bank credit experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal).
- Sageworks (or similar) statement spreading software experience preferred
- Excellent financial analytical skills with sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Excellent knowledge of personal/business financial statements and tax returns
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, and the Internet
- Systems administration experience
- Solid understanding and application of and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Member or participant in Risk Management Associates (or similar) offerings preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems
The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, about banking products, their bank accounts & transactions and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, Board of Directors, vendors and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety documents such as loan presentations, legal documents and Bank policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. files/ file boxes)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, up to 50% of the time.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. construction inspections, training).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.