Northstar Travel Group is the largest and most trusted B2B travel media and information company in the world. At Northstar, our mission is to generate insights and inspire change in the travel, meetings and hospitality industries with thought-provoking content, impactful solutions, and engaging experiences for business leaders. We believe that travel connects us to new people, places and experiences around the world, transforming our understanding of humanity.
We are looking for a Business Development Director with experience in B2B custom publishing to join The BHN Group (BHN) team. You will be a key contributor to driving the company's revenue growth goals, and at the direction of the BHN President and the BHN COO. You will be accountable for spearheading the sales side of a digital-media product launch that will be built around unique, exclusive hotel-investment oriented editorial content as well as advertising and custom-content geared toward partner seeking to connect with high-level executives in the investment, ownership, development, branding, and financial aspects of the hotel industry. Prior experience in ad, custom publishing and media sales will be critical to success in this role.
You will also develop sales opportunities for various sponsorships focused on hospitality industry suppliers and vendors for The BHN Group’s global portfolio of events. You will have the opportunity to help with The BHN Group’s other product lines and services as needed.
This is a remote position and is open to candidates based in the United States. We also have an office in Secaucus, New Jersey for those who favor to be in an office.
What You’ll Do:
- Demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking and flexibility while working with the BHN team to successfully launch digital media platform and enhance/expand existing conference sponsorship opportunities
- Manage the full sales lifecycle for clients, including prospecting, lead qualifying, solution selling, proposal development, and account conversion
- Strong business acumen and professionalism, excellent customer focus, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills in all forms
- Actively track all client opportunities, contact updates, activity tracking, management, and scheduling for accurate forecasting
- Leverage opportunities to create integrated packages and strategies for launching BHN’s digital media platform and developing BHN’s existing business to drive new growth to achieve the company’s sales goals
- Contribute to a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement by sharing ideas and participating in discussions about new product development
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships
- Travel to BHN events to monitor sponsorship performance and prospect for additional opportunities for the digital-media platform and conference sponsorships
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities as needed
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting weekly
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Leverage infrastructure and established systems to generate leads, drive new business growth, and accurately track sales
- Compile and record information and data related to customer and prospect interactions for team and leadership visibility
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish fruitful support, channel, and partner programs
- Regularly monitor all relevant trade industry publications and e-news services to remain current with industry issues and trends
- Assist with implementation of conferences and digital media information management and retention policy
Who You Are:
- Substantial experience in custom publishing, media ad sales required
- Experience in conference sponsorship sales preferred
- Undergraduate degree required
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong hospitality industry knowledge and desire to learn more
- Efficient management of budget, quota, and time
- Highly organized
- Adept in collaboration with a variety of team members: sales colleagues, internal fulfillment teams, marketing, sponsorship and event operations teams, management, and editors
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Execute and deliver results against tight deadlines
- Collaboration with clients to create meaningful sales packages that uphold the overall integrity of the company and its products
- Strong computer skills required, including but not limited to proficient with the following programs: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), Salesforce, and LinkedIn
- Proficient knowledge and ability to use the internet as a resource for research
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately, and under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of business correspondence techniques and English composition, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Anticipate needs of work so that projects, meetings, and workflow continue uninterrupted and within required deadlines, quickly and efficiently resolving any issues that arise
- Work with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency
- Must demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, and can scan, verify, draft, compile, edit, and update documents and correspondence quickly and accurately
- Ability to work professionally in a global environment
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and cooperatively work towards improvement
To Join Our Team:
Please send your cover letter and resume to DESResumes@ntmllc.com. Northstar Travel Group is a great place to work, learn and grow. We seek impressive individuals to contribute fresh ideas and strengthen our team in all departments and specialties. We welcome creativity, dedication, drive and passion and offer a fast-paced and fun environment, opportunity and work/life balance. Click here to view our Careers page.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Northstar we are laser focused on diversity. We embrace, value and champion our employees’ diverse backgrounds and experiences that make them unique. We understand that cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion will make us stronger. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Our Response to Covid-19:
All Northstar new hires, as well as existing employees who attend events and/or come into contact with other employees, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and demonstrate documentation toward the same.