The Director of Information Technology will manage and direct the company's information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective technical support services. The Director of IT is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing IT infrastructure for Birchstone Residential. This role is responsible for the strategic alignment of the technology program at Birchstone Residential with those of the overall organization, ensuring enterprise growth and flexibility of the company.
- Consult with senior leaders across the organization to identify and prioritize technology and business needs.
- Lead and coordinate the development of Birchstone’s IT infrastructure and operations to ensure business strategies and processes are supported by systems that will enable company growth and flexibility.
- Optimize the use of information technology and promote resilience, security, and efficiency.
- Translate company vision and business strategies into IT systems and procedures.
- Communicate systems and procedures to senior leaders and associates.
- Partner with operations leaders in all business functions to complete departmental reviews and IT needs analysis; ensure systems meet business needs and regularly consult with department leaders on opportunities to further leverage technology to support business objectives.
- Lead selection, installation, operation, support, and maintenance of IT infrastructure (operating systems, networks, telecommunications, hardware, peripherals, etc.)
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, change management, and support of systems.
- Manage third party software vendor relationships to ensure smooth continuous operations and timely completion of tasks; Evaluate vendors on an annual basis and conduct periodic analysis of in-sourcing vs. out-sourcing.
- Identify required upgrades, configurations, and/or new systems and report findings to senior leaders.
- Identify and report to leadership areas of opportunities and areas of risk in the IT program.
- Oversee disaster recovery coordination and testing and business continuity management.
- Drive software utilization and software product development/evolution through effective management strategies.
- Establish and measure IT performance relative to cost, value creation, and end user satisfaction for operating systems, telecommunications, network management, and desktop support.
- Control and manage the adoption and support of Birchstone’s technology program, driving innovation and limiting risk.
- Actively participate in corporate governance and compliance, ensuring that information systems meet all regulatory requirements.
- Manage a mix of long-term projects and short-term service requests with a high degree of flexibility and effective delegation.
- Develop, manage, and track the IT department budget, maintaining an efficient cost structure while focusing on improving performance, data security, and stability.
- Assist Manager, Digital Marketing in web development, driving user traffic, and other initiatives.
- Assist Manager, Learning and Development in creation, implementation, and management of e-learning and virtual programs/systems.
- Assist associate end users in trouble shooting systems errors and desktop support.
- Stay informed of best practices in the IT infrastructure and service delivery field; promote adoption as appropriate.
- Provide expert advice related to information and systems technologies to senior leaders and act as internal resource on information security issues.
- Direct and full functional managerial responsibility for information technology support personnel assigned.